Sewing is a key skill in garment creation!
Making clothes that fit well is not a simple as many might think. Indeed the first step is the right pattern for the style.
So you’ve managed to make a good pattern but how do you actually put the fabric pieces together?
When you move on to sewing, one needs to make a number of choices that can greatly influence the final outcome.
What to consider when starting to make-up your final garment:
- Select the appropriate fabric for the style.
- Select the suitable seams for each case.
- Finding the right needle for the fabric can also be tricky.
- Determining the steps of the assembly process and how to put the garment together.
- Many bespoke tailored outfits require suitable lining and interlining.
- Finally, pressing is very important and can greatly contribute to the final appearance of the garment.
All these and much more, contribute to making up a garment of good fit and appearance.
Tips for good fit: Often it is useful to make a sample in toile or other fabric, similar to your choice for the final garment, in order to ensure the fit and style interpretation of the pattern.
Have a look at our Sewing Demo and find out more on how to assemble the garment and become proficient in Sewing.