Getting your Fashion Design Figure right!
Like all things in life, if you want to achieve good results you need to take things from the beginning and go step-by-step.
The first step in Fashion Design is to learn how to make a proportionate well-balanced figure.
Why is the Fashion Design Figure used so important?
1. It is like getting the right model to wear your outfit. The figure needs:
• to have the right proportions – so that the garment will also be in proportion
• to convey the right style in relation to the outfit
• to highlight the qualities of the designed garment.
2. The figure is the first tool in fashion design to promote the garment. Therefore, it needs to have realistic proportions so that the clothes it “wears” look/feel realistic as well.
3. With practice, when you understand the balance lines and proportions you can learn how to make different figure types and creative fashion designs for any occasion.
eTelestia has the right methodology and tools to help you learn fashion drawing, quickly and accurately, even if you find drawing difficult.