The world of fashion is not only a fascinating, but also a changeable and therefore demanding world. Since Liana was virtually inherited from Sperber, she also has a lot to tell about it: the 51-year-old German-Greek comes from Thessaloniki and grew up in Greece and England. (more…)
Two key steps for Perfect Fit Patterns
Most people find it difficult to make patterns with good fit.
There are some basic and key steps to make a good fitting garment.
See the Tips below >>
1. Taking the body measurements correctly, is the first step. Your measurements will be used to create your basic block.
If the measurements are incorrect, the garment will not fit.
2. Whether making a blouse, a jacket, a dress, a skirt or a pair of trousers, you will first need to make a good fitting basic block. At eTelestia you can learn how to make perfect fit blocks, in any size or personal measurements.
Using the right basic block with correct measurements, sets you on a good track for drafting perfect fitting patterns.
Did you find these tips helpful? In our online courses, you can master the skills of Perfect Fit Patterns for all parts of the garments, easily and quickly.
Our tutors will be there to support you personally all the way!
So I’ve made a good fitting basic block! Now what…?
Once you are sure and confident that the basic block you have created corresponds to your chosen figure, you can then proceed to what is known as style adaptation.
What is style adaptation in Pattern Cutting?
Style adaptation is a series of design manipulations that will bring your block to the final style of your garment.
For example: loose fitting blouse with gathers, blouse with yoke, wrapover vest etc.
All these styles could be created from the same basic block by applying different style adaptations.
With the constant change in fashion trends, you will find that there are so many style adaptations that can be applied that the creative possibilities become practically endless.
The eTelestia pattern cutting methodology guides you through the most important and significant style manipulations, so that you can learn the basic principles of style creation and understand how to make your own styles very easily and accurately.
How can eTelestia help you reach your goals!
eTelestia has been investing for half a century in developing simple and easy training methodologies.
The eTelestia online courses have been tried on thousands of users for more than 40 years and have been highly-praised, for their clear methodology, accurate results and for speeding up the learning process.
What makes the eTelestia Pattern Making system unique?
- It is based on the Telestia AB pattern drafting system that helps create accurate patterns of perfect fit no matter what your size.
- It offers a structured learning environment divided in learning packages that have concrete learning outcomes.
- It uses modern technology that greatly accelerates learning with animations and interactive procedures that demonstrate clearly all the processes of pattern drafting.
- It provides online tutor support that to help you monitor your progress and to give you guidance throughout the course.
Read the Testimonials of some of our students, hear their story and see how they managed to make a difference.
Getting your Fashion Design Figure right!
Like all things in life, if you want to achieve good results you need to take things from the beginning and go step-by-step.
The first step in Fashion Design is to learn how to make a proportionate well-balanced figure.
Why is the Fashion Design Figure used so important?
1. It is like getting the right model to wear your outfit. The figure needs:
• to have the right proportions – so that the garment will also be in proportion
• to convey the right style in relation to the outfit
• to highlight the qualities of the designed garment.
2. The figure is the first tool in fashion design to promote the garment. Therefore, it needs to have realistic proportions so that the clothes it “wears” look/feel realistic as well.
3. With practice, when you understand the balance lines and proportions you can learn how to make different figure types and creative fashion designs for any occasion.
eTelestia has the right methodology and tools to help you learn fashion drawing, quickly and accurately, even if you find drawing difficult.
How to develop your own Fashion Drawing Style!
The dream of all Fashion Designers is to create their own style that will make an impression and promote their work. To be creative in fashion design one needs to understand the basic principles of what one is designing.
The Creative Fashion Designer must:
• know the forms and their relationship, i.e. the figure and materials to be used
• know the desired function of the design, i.e. the occasion to be worn is it for sports, for evening wear or work wear or winter summer etc.
• know the meaning, the experience of the wearer i.e. is it a fashion item, is it a traditional item, is it a uniform etc. How do we want the person wearing this item to feel…?
Creating a unique style in Fashion is a knowledgeable process that requires expert know-hows and it needs to be well thought out.
Creative Fashion Design has little to do with being talented in drawing as many might thinkg. But itIt has more to do with understanding the basic principles of fashion design, which are: form, function & meaning, and knowing how to put these principles together.
eTelestia can help you acquire the skills to become creative and portray your ideas visually.
Don’t stay behind.
Get professional with Telestia Creator CAD software
Make your work look and feel professional with Telestia Creator CAD.
Here’s some of the newest features:
- Transform your Technical Drawings to made-to-measure Perfect Patterns faster than ever.
- Intuitive Drafting Functions to help you develop design details (cuts, pleats, drapes) on your blocks at the click of a button.
- Automatic Grading Rules for your patterns to develop just the right size range with perfect fit in all sizes.
Make professional collections quickly & easily and get your customers’ attention.
The Telestia Creator CAD software is fully fetched professional software and consists of 3 modules and 2 upgrades.